Learn how to integrate your TikTok account with AnyTrack and leverage your first party data across all your marketing channels.
Last updated: January 15, 2023
TikTok Pixel & Events API
The TikTok Conversion integration is an Server Side API integration with the TikTok Marketing API. It allows allows marketers to share website visitor's conversion events from AnyTrack directly to the TikTok platform.
Web events are shared with TikTok to better inform ads optimization, targeting, and measurement systems by providing insights into your website customers' journeys.
Leveraging the TikTok Events API helps businesses to future-proof and adapt to the changing advertising ecosystem, by allowing friction-free marketing data flows between your business and TikTok.
Data sent through the Events API let marketers use events data to leverage solutions like dynamic showcase ads, custom targeting, campaign optimization, attribution and custom audience building.
Public Beta: The TikTok integration is in Beta. If you'd like to participate, you can request access here.
TikTok Integration Features
|Automatic Setup||No-code integration through standard authentication.|
|TikTok Event API||Send conversion data to TikTok Conversion API|
|TikTok Pixel||Send Conversions to Tiktok Web Pixel|
|Conversion Deduplication||Automatic event deduplication|
|Budget Management||Manage your campaign budget directly from your AnyTack campaign reports|
|PII data hashing||Automatic hashing of customer data|
|eCommerce Conversion Data||Send standard eCommerce conversions Events, and itemized orders, carts and checkouts, content, product id, brand name|
|Affiliate Conversion Data||Mapping of standard Affiliate Conversions Data.|
|Lead Generation Conversions||Send lead generation conversions - form submit, lead, registration|
|UTM Tracking Template||Pre-built tracking template including standard UTM parameters, name and ID based parameters.|
|Campaign Performance Reports||Get full campaign performance reports with Attributed Conversions and revenues, compared with realtime tracking data from your conversion sources.|
|Tag Management||AnyTrack loads your TikTok pixel and AutoTrack standard events on your behalf.|
|Custom Audience building||Build custom audience out of any conversion data sent to TikTok|
Benefits of TikTok & AnyTrack Conversion API Integration
The TikTok Integration provides the following benefits:
- Clear Conversion Mapping: You can define the event mapping between standard events tracked by AnyTrack, and the Events you want to send to TikTok.
- Default mapping: By default, TikTok Standard Events, like PlaceAnOrder, are available with the required parameters and automatically mapped to the AnyTrack Purchase Event.
- Privacy-enabled: Stay compliant with privacy requirements with automatic PII hashing, normalization and processing.
- Increase event tracking: Track more events with improved accuracy and get a unified customer’s journey across all touch points.
- Realtime Custom Audiences: Create custom audiences out of any event data collected through your AnyTrack account.
- Ads Attribution & Optimization: Leverage your conversion data to attribute conversions to your campaigns and optimize for ROAS.
Remove your TikTok Pixel: To benefit from both client-side and server side tracking, you should remove your TikTok Pixel from your website. As soon as you have completed the integration, AnyTrack will automatically load your TikTok Pixel.
Follow the instructions to enable the TikTok integration on your property.
If you don't have yet a TikTok Business account or a TikTok Pixel, follow the instructions below:
- Create a TikTok For Business account.
- Create a TikTok Pixel in Developer Mode to obtain a Pixel Code.
Connect AnyTrack with TikTok Conversion API
Checkout this tutorial to see what the process looks like (Less than 2 minutes)
- From the AnyTrack Dashboard, click on Tracking Pixels, then click on the TikTok card.
- Click on Browse to load the TikTok authentication window
- Click on Authorize the AnyTrack App.
- You will then be redirected to the AnyTrack Dashboard.
- Finally, enable the Conversion API.
- Scroll down to the Event Mapping and update it if needed.
Note: Currently we support only standard conversions events listed in the event mapping.
Default Event Mapping:
TikTok Conversions are automatically mapped with AnyTrack Standard events.
In TikTok Pixel Settings
Update your PIxel Settings according to the following
- Allow first-party cookies
- Enable Automatic Advanced Matching
How to verify your integration
You can send test events to the TikTok API and see the results in real time on your TikTok Test Event tab
- In TikTok, navigate to the Test Event tab and copy the Test Event ID (keep the tab open)
- In AnyTrack: Navigate to the TikTok pixel settings, and paste the Test Event ID in the test field.
- Click on the TEST button
FAQ & Troubleshooting
Deduplication with the TikTok Pixel
When you integrate TikTok with AnyTrack, your TikTok Pixel is automatically loaded with all the required parameters, including the deduplication data.
If you get warnings from TikTok about duplication data, check your code to verify that you don't have the TikTok pixel or event pixel already setup or firing from another system.
How long does it take to see conversions in TikTok Ads manager?
Ad attribution can take from 1 hour to several or even days - depending if the traffic originated from an iOS device or not.
In AnyTrack you will see the conversions attributed to your ads in near real time.
Do I need an Access Token?
No, AnyTrack App generates the Access Token for you when you connect AnyTrack with TikTok.
To increase the match rate between website visitors and TikTok Ads we map the event parameters collected through the AnyTrack tag, as well as the data received from your conversion source integrations such as Shopify and ClickFunnels.
- External ID
- Phone Number
- IP Address
- User Agent
Access the web diagnostics from the TikTok Web Diagnostics tab so you can troubleshoot common issues.