How to track conversions from AnyTrack to Google Analytics
AnyTrack supports Google Universal Analytics client-side and server-side tracking.
When you enable the Google Analytics in AnyTrack:
AnyTrack will start sending events to Google Analytics
- If your GA tag is not found on your web page, AnyTrack will load it asynchronously
Live data will start showing on your Google Analytics real-time dashboard
Within 3 hours, data will start showing up across your Google Analytics account.
- Conversions Goals will start aggregating and populating all your reports.
- If you've enabled the Enhanced eCommerce integration your purchase data and transactions will also fill up your conversion reports.
To connect with Google Analytics you must have
- A Google Analytics Universal property
- Enable Enhanced eCommerce in both GA and AnyTrack
- Navigate to the Pixel Tracking tab and click on the Google Analytics card
- Click on Browse or paste your Google Analytics id (ua-123123)
- Click on Next to authenticate with your Google Account and get the list of the GA account you have access to.
- Select the GA account and click Next
- Enable the Server Side Conversions option
- Scroll down and enable the eCommerce option
- Click on Setup Goals
- Confirm the Goals you'd like to send to GA
Note: You can only send up to 20 different goals to GA, so if you've already reach this limit you should override the goals you are not using.
In Google Analytics:
- Make sure you've enabled both eCommerce and enhanced eCommerce
- 👉 Admin > View Settings > eCommerce
Troubleshooting and FAQ
To verify that the Goals have been properly setup open the admin > View > goal settings
eCommerce Transactions not showing
Verify that you've enabled enhanced ecommerce on both Google Analytics and AnyTrack
Conversions not showing up
Verify that your goals are configured in view>Goals. If you don't see the anytack conversions, return to anytrack > google analytics and click on setup goals.