As of March 14th 2022, the AnyTrack template is still being reviewed by the Google Tag Manager team, so you won't find it in the GTM Gallery.
This article is published publicly as part of the terms of the GTM Gallery that require a setup guide to approve the template.
To install the template manually, please follow the steps:
- Download the template file here.
- Import the template into your GTM account
- Add a new tag
- Select AnyTrack
- Update the Property ID
- Add the trigger - all page views
- Save and submit your container.
Watch the video walk through here.
How to install the AnyTrack Tag via the Google Tag Manager template without adding a line of code to your site, and make sure all your tracking tags are managed from a central GTM container.
1. Create a new property
If you already have a property, you can navigate to the property settings.
2. Copy (ctrl+c) the Property ID
The property ID isa unique value that is attached to your account.
3. Go to Google Tag Manager and add a New Tag
Create a Tag like you would typically do with any other tags.
4. Click on Tag Configuration
5. Access the Google Tag Manager Community Template Gallery
You can then search for the AnyTrack template
6. Now you can click on the AnyTrack Template
7. Paste the Property ID
8. Set the Triggering rule
9. Chose the Trigger All Pages
Note that AnyTrack will automatically track standard events such as
OutboundClick, so you don't have to create these triggers in Google Tag Manager.
10. Finally, Save the new Tag
11. Submit and Publish your GTM Container
12. Return to AnyTrack to validate the setup
Typically the validation is done in real time, so you can simply load your website from a different tab.