In order to optimize your campaigns in Google Ads you will need to create conversions first.
According to those conversions, Google will do the optimization of the campaign.
Conversions can be fired when a specific page is loaded ( like Thank you page) or different action on your website ( like clicking on a link).
How to set up Google Ads Conversions
1. Click on Tools and settings section on the top of Google Ads platform.
2. Click on Conversions under the measurement section.
3. Choose "NEW CONVERSION ACTION"
4. In the next page, go for website, as AnyTrack tracks website events.
5. Set your domain and click SCAN in order to let google ads scan your website.
6. You will get to the next page, where you have to click on ADD A CONVERSION ACTION MANUALLY
7. Select your goal category, name and value
In the value section, you can set the value of this conversion, in case you use an online store with dynamic prices, choose use different values for each conversion.
🔸AnyTrack will push the conversion with the value to google ads.
8. In those sections you can fill in according to your preferences.
9. After clicking DONE, you will be delivered to the next page:
There, you can add another conversion or just save and continue
10. In the last window of the process, you just click Done.
There is no need to copy the event tag, as we will fire it from AnyTrack and send it to Google Ads via API later.
The next step: mapping the event in AnyTrack
After creating the event in google ads, you will need to match it with AnyTrack event.
we do it in order to trigger the google ads event everytime that we receive the same event on AnyTrack.
1. Go to the Tracking Pixels section
2. Choose Google Ads pixel ( In case you did not connect google Ads pixel to AnyTrack yet, you can follow the next guide)
3. Choose from the list the relevant event from Google Ads and match it with the AnyTrack event:
🔸 In case you can't see your google ads events, click on Reload Conversions.
Now the conversions that will be generated in AnyTrack will be pushed forward to Google ads and the optimization and performance of the campaign will improve!
🚨 be aware: the server-to-server connection should be on in order to pass the data forward to google: