In order to optimize your campaigns in Google Ads you will need to first create a conversion goal in your Google Ads account.
There are several types of conversions, categories, and conversion sources.
In this article we we cover the conversion goals type Website
Before you begin:
- While Anytrack automate the conversion tracking process, you should be familiar with the conversion settings within your Google Ads account.
- AnyTrack sends conversion data to Google Ads via Client Side and Server Side Gtag API
- AnyTrack automatically fires your Gtag Event Pixels according to the tracked event while passing the conversion data. Therefore, you do not need to configure your Event Snippets
- Anytrack automatically normalizes and format your conversion data to comply with privacy related requirements, as well Google Ads tracking best practice
- AnyTarck supports all Google Ads click id tracking parameters such as GCLID as well as iOS parameters such as GBRAID and WBRAID.
- Google Ads Enhanced Conversions are supported when the tracked events include the the required values (email, address, phone etc..)
How to set up Google Ads Conversions
1. Click on Tools and settings section on the top of Google Ads platform.
2. Click on Conversions under the measurement section.
3. Choose "NEW CONVERSION ACTION"
4. In the next page, select Website
5. Set your domain and click SCAN in order to let Google Ads to verify that your GTag is on the website
6. You will get to the next page, where you have to select ADD A CONVERSION ACTION MANUALLY
7. Select your goal category, name and value
In the value section, you can set the value of this conversion, in case you use an online store with dynamic prices, choose use different values for each conversion.
✅ AnyTrack will push the conversion with the value and currency automatically.
8. In those sections you can fill in according to your preferences.
9. After clicking DONE, you will be redirected to the next page:
There, you can add another conversion or just save and continue
10. In the last window of the process, you just click Done.
There is no need to copy the event tag, as we will fire it from AnyTrack and send it to Google Ads via API later.
The next step: mapping the event in AnyTrack
After creating the event in google ads, you will need to match it with AnyTrack event.
we do it in order to trigger the google ads event everytime that we receive the same event on AnyTrack.
1. Go to the Tracking Pixels section
2. Choose Google Ads pixel ( In case you did not connect google Ads pixel to AnyTrack yet, you can follow the next guide)
3. Choose from the list the relevant event from Google Ads and match it with the AnyTrack event:
🔸 In case you can't see your google ads events, click on Reload Conversions.
Now the conversions that will be generated in AnyTrack will be pushed forward to Google ads and the optimization and performance of the campaign will improve!
🚨 Note: Turn on the Server-Side conversion in order to leverage the Google Ads Conversion API and bypass ad blockers or pass data sent from server side integrations (APIs, Affiliate Networks, eCommerce platforms, recurring payment systems)