The AnyTrack <> Shopify integration enables you to seamlessly track the entire customer journey and send this data across your entire marketing ecosystem.
The integration leverages both client-side data collection, and server-side API to guarantee 100% conversion data is tracked, and attributed to your marketing channels.
Connect your Shopify store with AnyTrack within 3 steps:
1. Property settings - follow the guide in order to insert AnyTrack tag into your shop
Option 1: Using XO Insert Code app ( The same as in the tutorial)
- Install the app XO Insert Code on your store (Free version)
- Navigate to Apps -> XO Insert Code
- Open on the tab "Insert Code"
- Click on the "Enable" button on the right
- Paste the AnyTrack TAG code inside Code in header
Save your settings
Option 2: Using HT Script app
- Install the app HT Script on your store
- Navigate to Apps -> HT Script
- Paste the AnyTrack TAG code under HT Script settings
- Save your settings
2. Purchase Conversion Tracking
This step lets AnyTrack receive the conversions from your platform via server-side. 🔌
- Copy the postback URL from above
- Login and go to your Shopify Admin Panel
- Navigate to Settings >> Notification
- Scroll down to the Webhooks section and click on "Create webhook"
- Select the event type you want to track
- Set the format as JSON
- Select the newest version.
- Paste the postback URL
- Click on "Save webhook"
- Repeat the above steps for all the events listed above
3. Pixel tracking ( connect your pixels with AnyTrack) :
After doing that you will be able to send the data from AnyTrack to Facebook and improve your pixel optimization 💪
Prevent Duplicate Events
In order to prevent event duplications, you will need to either disable your current Shopify Facebook Conversion API, and Google Ads integrations, or connect AnyTrack with different Facebook Pixel ID and create a separate Google Analytics view.
⚠️Keeping AnyTrack and your current tracking configurations will duplicate conversion events in your Facebook Ads manager and Google Analytics account
Update your Shopify settings
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preference
- Scroll down to see your pixels integrations
Remove the Google Analytics code from the settings
👉If you have tracking enabled, you can disable it simply by clicking on "Set up Pixel", navigate to "Data sharing settings" and Disconnect the pixel from tracking.
💡To improve your Facebook Ads attribution and reporting, we highly recommend adding our UTM template to your Ads
Your Anytrack account is now set up, and ready to streamline your data across your marketing stack!
⚠️Facebook Conversion API delayed reporting
🕜 AnyTrack will start sending conversions to your ad accounts in real time. However, since Facebook reports conversions with up to 72 hours delay, you will notice some discrepancies between what you see in your AnyTrack reports, and what is reported in Facebook Ads manager. Essentially, some conversions sent to Facebook up to 3 days prior to installing AnyTrack, will be reported after you installed AnyTrack.
Shopify integration tips & checklist
In this section, we summarize the most important aspects of the Shopify integration so you can quickly identify items that you might have missed, or overlooked.
✅You will also find some tips and tricks to get more out of your conversions.
Client Side Tracking Settings
👉Reminder: Client side tracking relates to website events that can be tracked via the AnyTrack Tag. For example:
Since Client Side Tracking has proven to be faulty due to ad blockers, and other privacy focused browsers, we highly recommend enabling the Server side integration (see below), so you can guarantee 100% tracked conversions.
Client side tracking methods:
AnyTrack supports several client side tracking methods, which provide a high level of tracking accuracy and event redundancy across the customer journey.
Each method has its benefits, but since every shop is different, you have the ability to modify these settings to accommodate your business needs and requirements.
URL tracking parameter:
Similar to the Facebook
fbclid parameter and Google Ads
gclid parameter, AnyTrack AutoTags your product urls with the
atclid parameter. This parameter persists during the customer journey which gives additional tracking data points.
AnyTrack adds the
atclid parameter to the cart and checkout. The
atclid is then recorded in the order, which allows our server side integration to ingest it during the conversion event.
This method can be problematic as some Shopify themes do not have a css tag for hidden parameters persisting in the checkout flow, resulting in displaying the
atclid in the checkout.
To modify your client side tracking settings:
- Navigate to the Property Settings > Settings
- Scroll down to the client side tracking settings and toggle the Shopify settings
- Modify the options according to your needs (each option is explained)
- Enable or disable the events you wish to track (They will be tracked server-side)
- For best results we recommend enabling both of them:
Your cart displays theThis happens when some Shopify Apps do not "respect" the native "hidden" fields settings created by other Shopify Apps. 👉 Follow this article to fix it.
You are getting a double count of conversions in Facebook.
- This can happen if your Shopify is already integrated with the Facebook Conversion API.
- Since AnyTrack and Shopify use a different Deduplication
event_id, Facebook cannot deduplicate accordingly.
- You should disable the Facebook Conversion API from within your Shopify App.
I can't see eCommerce Transactions in Google Analytics?
- In Google Analytics:
- Make sure you've enabled eCommerce
- Make sure you have enabled enhanced Ecommerce.
- In AnyTrack:
- Make sure you have enabled the Server-Side Tracking from the Google Analytics Integration.
- Make sure you have check the box for enhanced eCommerce.
- In Google Analytics:
Why you should also connect Google Analytics?
- If you run campaigns on Google Ads.
- If you want to see your conversions in Google Analytics (faster than in Facebook Ads).
- If you want to see a life time value of your campaigns - regardless of the traffic sources.
- If you want to create custom audiences out of any traffic, and retarget on Google Ads, Search, Display, Youtube, Gmail.
Why there are some discrepancies between Shopify and Facebook Ads?
- if you run on several ad networks, some conversions might be attributed to other ad networks.
- Tracking is never perfect.
- Refer to Google Analytics attribution reports to uncover which other traffic sources might be responsible for your conversions.
Shall I use the Google Ads Conversion Tracking or the Google Analytics?
- You can use both in parallel - and select the one you want to optimize your ads for.
- Google Analytics provide additional insights due to the deep ecommerce integration.
- Google Ads can track post-view conversions.
- Google Ads integration can track the iOS 14.5 Conversions, while Google Analytics can't.
Shall I add my Facebook Pixel in Shopify?
- If you don't, AnyTrack will automatically load the Pixel you have selected in your integration.
- If you do, and you are already tracking some events such as
addToCartyou might see a double count.
- You can disable some of the events from either the Client Side Tracking settings
- You can disable the events from the Facebook integration event mapping.
I use a custom Shopify App for my checkout, does AnyTrack supports custom Shopify Apps?
- Yes, in most cases.
- If you see some discrepancies, please contact the support so we can make the necessary adjustments.
- I am using an email marketing software, does AnyTrack track email campaigns?
- Yes. you will be able to see the conversions triggered by your email campaigns in Anytrack.
- You must append standard UTM parameters to your email campaigns.
I don't see my conversions in Facebook Ads Manager.
There can be many reasons that prevent your conversions from showing up in Facebook. First and foremost, even if anytrack sends your conversions in real-time, Facebook can take up to 72 hours to report these conversions in the ads manager.
AnyTrack account checklist:
- Do you see the conversions in AnyTrack? Check the integration event log.
- In your campaign report, do you see UTM parameters and associated values?
- Did you enable the Facebook Conversion API?
- Is your conversion event mapping set to send the conversions you want to the Facebook API?
Facebook Ads account checklist:
Have you connected with the right Pixel ID?
Are you using the Facebook tracking URL template provided by AnyTrack?
Did you verify your domain?
Did you select your 8 conversion events?
Did you enable 1st party cookie?
Did you enable all automatic matching parameters?
Did you select the right conversion event for your campaign?
Do you see the conversion events in the Facebook Event Manager?