Testing your events and your flow is important in order to make sure that everything works before running campaigns and investing money in marketing.
After disabling the direct connection between your platform and Facebook you will not be able to test your tracking in the Facebook Event manager because now the connection is:
Your platform →AnyTrack → Facebook, and not directly to Facebook.
So what should I do if I want to test my event?
If you would like to test your event you will be able to do it in AnyTrack.
Follow the next steps:
1. Go into the website that you are tracking.
2. Open Inspect by clicking on the right button of the mouse:
3. Reach Console and paste the next code there:
4. Copy the clientID that you received and paste it in the Conversion events section in AnyTrack:
5. Now you can start go through the user journey - as if you were a visitor, and you will see each events being tracked:
- Refresh the page after each event.
- InitiateCheckout will take between 5 and 20 seconds to show up.
What should I do if I can’t see all my events?
- In order to track conversions you will have to connect your conversion source platform.
- If your conversion platform is connected and you still don't see the events, check the integration event logs.
- Go to Integration section
- Look for the relevant integration
- Click on the event log tab, and check the errors
- In case that you generate events via Java script code, doublecheck that:
- AnyTrack tag is set before your event code in the page.
If you still can't see the required events, please contact us.