Testing your events and your flow is important in order to make sure that everything works before running campaigns and investing money in marketing.
After disabling the direct connection between your platform and Facebook you will not be able to test your tracking in the Facebook Event manager because now the connection is:
Your platform →AnyTrack → Facebook, and not directly to Facebook.
So what should I do if I want to test my event?
If you would like to test your event you will be able to do it in AnyTrack.
Follow the next steps:
1. Go into the website that you are tracking.
2. Open Inspect by clicking on the right button of the mouse:
3. Reach Console and paste the next code there:
4. Copy the clientID that you received and paste it in the Conversion events section in AnyTrack:
5. Now you can start to generate events ( follow your user journey) and you will see them listed in the conversion event:
- You have to refresh the page in order to see new conversions.
- InitiateCheckout might take around 20 seconds to be displayed.
What should I do if I can’t see all my events?
1. In order to track conversions you will have to connect your conversion sourse platform.
2. If your conversion platform is connected and you still don't see events, check the events log of the integration.
A. Go to Integration section
B. look for the relevant integration
C.click on the event log tab, and check the error that you receive:
3. In case that you generate events via Java script code , check the next issues:
🔹 AnyTrack tag is before your event code in the page.
🔹 Make sure that the Java script syntax is correct, you can check the example here.