This guide follows the standard steps recommended by Google to sync your Google Analytics goals with Google Ads.
- You need an AnyTrack account.
- You need to have a Google Analytics (Universal Analytics - not GA4*)
- You need to setup your conversion goals in your Google Analytics account setup here
- You need to have a Google Ads account
*Google Analytics GA4 is still in beta which is why it is not currently integrated in AnyTrack.
Connect your Google Ads and Google Analytics account
Before you make the connection with Google Ads, you need to update the Google Analytics property settings to Allow manual tagging (UTM).
- In Google Analytics - Open the Admin settings and open the Google Ads Linking menu:
- Follow the setup flow.
Google Ads settings
- Open the Conversion menu
- Add a conversion
- Select the Import option
- Select Google Analytics & Click Continue
(You will see a list of conversion goals to import from your Google Analytics account)
- Select all the conversions you want to import
- Update each conversion according to your your needs
- Include "in Conversions"
(This setting will tell Google whether to use this conversion goal to optimize your campaign)
- Final view of your Conversions
Because you now have the Conversions being synced between Google Analytics and Google Ads, you can select the CPA bidding strategy and select which conversion to count as a CPA. Other settings are standard settings.
URL Tracking Template
The tracking template is where you put tracking information. You can use URL parameters to customize your final URL. When an ad is clicked, the information is used to create your landing page URL. You can find the recommend tracking template under your Ads Integration tab on your pixel settings.
For example, if your ad final URL is https://anytrack.io, you are targeting the keyword "Conversion Tracking Platform", and your tracking template is:
At Run time, the URL will become:
- Navigate to your Account Settings (To access your account settings you need to be be on the "All Campaigns" view)
- Enable Auto-Tag if it's not enabled yet
- Paste the tracking template from your pixel settings