Since Facebook does not provide a global setting to add your URL tracking template, and you might have hundreds of ads running, you will need to bulk update your ads with the URL Tracking Template provided in the AnyTrack platform.
To perform this task Facebook provides a way to bulk update your ads, through the Facebook Ads manager.
What is a URL tracking template?
A url tracking template is a set of url parameters and token that is appended to your ads url. At run time (when your ad is displayed and/or clicked on), Facebook automatically substitutes the tokens with the actual campaign information.
The tracking template Anytrack provides carries the parameter:
At run time the token will be replaced with something like
Why is the URL tracking template important?
The URL tracking template is important as it allows you to standardize data collection across your ads and campaigns.
What are the benefits of using a URL tracking template?
Besides the standardization of campaign parameters tracked and collected, they allow you to leverage all forms of reporting features from AnyTrack as well as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel.
- Improve campaign tracking and attribution
- Reporting across all platforms
- Build custom audiences in Google Analytics
- Leverage campaign data across ad networks
What is the Facebook URL Tracking Template?
AnyTrack provides a prebuilt URL Tracking Template that you can find from the Facebook Ads integration Tab under Tracking Pixels >> Your Pixel >> Ads Integrations:
You can copy it from here👇 (updated from January 2022), but you can also take it from your AnyTrack Dashboard.
How to bulk update your ads with the URL Tracking Template:
- Copy the Tracking Template from the AnyTrack Dashboard
- Login to Facebook Ads Manager
- Navigate to the ads Tab
- Select all ads
- Hit the Edit button and select the URL parameters option.
- Select All Ads
- Paste the Tracking Template
- Save draft or Publish
Now verify your ads settings:
- Go to Tracking Pixels ➡ click on Facebook Pixel
- Open Ads integration
- Click on VERIFY ADS SETTINGS
- AnyTrack will highlight the error found in each of your ads and add a suggested change.
- Now you can copy the template and bulk update all your ads.