Since Facebook does not provide a global setting to add your URL tracking template, and you might have hundreds of ads running, you will need to bulk update your ads with the URL Tracking Template provided in the AnyTrack platform.
To perform this task Facebook provides a way to bulk update your ads, through the Facebook Ads manager.
What is a URL tracking template?
A url tracking template is a set of url parameters and token that is appended to your ads url, and which is automatically updated at run time, with dynamic values such as `ad set id`, `ad_id` or `campaignName`.
Why is the URL tracking template important?
The URL tracking template is important as it allows you to standardize data collection across your ads and campaigns.
What are the benefits of using a URL tracking template?
Besides the standardization of campaign parameters tracked and collected, they allow you to leverage all forms of reporting features from AnyTrack as well as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel.
- Improve campaign tracking and attribution
- Reporting across all platforms
- Build custom audiences in Google Analytics
- Leverage campaign data across apps
What is the Facebook URL Tracking Template?
AnyTrack provides a prebuilt template that you can find from the Facebook Ads integration Tab within the platform under Tracking Pixels >> Your Pixel >> Ads Integrations:
How to bulk update your ads with the URL Tracking Template:
- Copy the Tracking Template from the AnyTrack Dashboard
- Login to Facebook Ads Manager
- Navigate to the ads Tab
- Select all ads
- Hit the Edit button and select the URL parameters option.
- Select All Ads
- Paste the Tracking Template
- Save draft or Publish
How can I verify my ads setting?
1. Go to Tracking Pixels ➡ click on Facebook Pixel
2. Open Ads integration
3. Click on VERIFY ADS SETTING ( as you can see in the photo)
4. AnyTrack will show you the ads that it finds and the errors marked in red:
By clicking on the campaign and the ads sets, you will be able to check each ad individually and understand where you should fix the setting: